[Ndn-interest] Ndn-interest Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3

Steve DiBenedetto dibenede at cs.colostate.edu
Wed Jan 21 05:52:33 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 6:40 AM, <qnick at qnick.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new here and have some dumb questions after installing NFD on several
> pcs:
> - What should I do to view the full FIB table? smth like "nfdc print"

You can use nfd-status -b . Omitting the option dumps the FIB and more.

> - Is it possible to create one shared namespace for number of pcs? Like
> that:
> nfdc register /ndn/test udp://pc1
> nfdc register /ndn/test udp://pc2
> nfdc register /ndn/test udp://pc3

Yes, but I think the default forwarding strategy is BestRoute, so all
Interest traffic for the prefix will be sent to one machine. You can check
the active strategy with nfd-status -s and change it with nfdc set-strategy
/ndn/test <strategy-name>.

Other strategy options are Broadcast and NCC:

/localhost/nfd/strategy/broadcast
/localhost/nfd/strategy/ncc