[Ndn-interest] ChronoChat and its default RIB entries

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Feb 27 16:35:41 PST 2015

> On Feb 27, 2015, at 4:29 PM, Anil Jangam <anilj.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Alex. Pls see inline.
>
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Alex Afanasyev <alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu <mailto:alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu>> wrote:
> Hi Anil,
>
> I think you’re mixing a couple of things.  The face that ChronoChat application uses is just a channel between the application and NFD.  It is normally unix socket face, but it doesn’t really matter, as it is not related to you being able to chat with other people.
>
> Besides having a face that points to a remote chat node, you need to instruct NFD (RIB manager specifically) that specific data can be reached through this face.
>
> So basically I need to register the name prefix of the remote user using faceId=257 so that when local chat application sends the Interest to fetch the messages (after ChronoSync update) from remote end, it is forwarded on face 257, correct?

Yes. Exactly.  The only correction I’ll make is that ChronoChat app just wants to fetch messages.  It is not aware local or remote.  It just issues interest for data and NFD will figure out using the registered RIB entries.

> I tried to add user and its details through "Add contact" sub menu, but it did not succeed. This is the place where we configure the name Identity of the remote user, right?

I don’t know the extent this feature is implemented/working :)  Yingdi or Qiuhan can help me with answering this question.

I also don’t have answers to the following questions.  Yingdi/Qiuhan, pls help :)

—
Alex