[Ndn-interest] Package Fragmentation in NDN

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet M.AbdollahiSabet at mail.sbu.ac.ir
Wed Aug 26 21:42:06 PDT 2015

Hi Matti,

Actually there is/will be fragmentation in NDN. You can take look at this:
http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ndn-0032-1-ndn-memo-fragmentation.pdf
This is just a memo, but it has reviewed the problem and solutions well enough.

But the need for fragmentation in above comes from the fact that MTUs may differ throughout the network. I don't think having large amounts of segments(you say names) be a problem. They could be aggregated easily.

Thanks,
Sabet