[Ndn-interest] Multiple names for lookup-by-content?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 29 14:46:22 PDT 2014

Hi Felix

I had a similar idea: Content-Addressable NDN Repository <
http://www.slideshare.net/yoursunny/carepo-final>.
It gives each Data packet two Names: one hierarchical Name, and one hash
Name.
The hash is computed over the payload (Content); it's different from
implicit digest component which is computed over whole Data packet.

My project was implemented as a NDNR repository, because I wanted to avoid
changing the forwarding daemon at that time.
But it's also possible to have it in the forwarding pipelines and the
ContentStore.

In my project, Data retrieval by hash Name is limited to local area network
only.
The main reason that prevents this from being using in wide-area network is
routing scalability.
Interests with hierarchical Names can be forwarded by routes installed by
routing protocol.
But it's impractical to install routes for every hash Name, because there
are too many of them.