[Ndn-interest] Adding HMAC to available NDN signature types

Gene Tsudik gts at ics.uci.EDU
Tue Sep 23 09:04:33 PDT 2014

>>> The mechanism for key management should be designed, in order for HMAC
signing to be useful.

Just as a word of caution,
I hope that, instead of designing a homegrown (and quite possibly insecure)
NDN- or CCNx-specific
key management approach, people consult ample prior work that contains many
such protocols,
i.e.., using public key-based authenticated key exchange/agreement to yield
a symmetric key.
(By "prior work" I don't just mean papers but also real deployed protocols.)

Cheers,
Gene