[Ndn-interest] Signed interest

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.ARIZONA.EDU
Sun Sep 21 12:22:39 PDT 2014

Hi Tai-Lin

NDN USA testbed is deployed with UDP tunnels. UDP has no concept of
connection.

More importantly, consumer and producer can be multiple hops away, and
there can be multiple paths between them.
Even if consumer or producer can be notified about a link failure, it
doesn't mean consumer or producer have to restart.

On the other direction, if consumer or producer restarts, there is always a
link failure: the UNIX socket between application and local forwarder fails.
However, forwarding plane will not notify all correspondents about such a
failure.

Yours, Junxiao