[Ndn-interest] any comments on naming convention?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Sep 17 07:46:54 PDT 2014

Hi Marc

The MarkedComponent proposal <
http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndn-interest/2014-September/000085.html>
is precisely a T0/T1 system:

   - T0=NameComponent
   - T1=MarkedComponent
   - key is encoded as variable length number (same way as T)

This still requires all codes to distinguish between NameComponent and
MarkedComponent everywhere, but we'll have exactly two types, instead of
potentially many types.

However, I agree that putting the key into TLV-TYPE is better than using
MarkedComponent or having a key in every component, because the processing
cost isn't any different.

Yours, Junxiao