[Ndn-interest] any comments on naming convention?

Felix Rabe felix at rabe.io
Tue Sep 16 10:54:04 PDT 2014

On 16/Sep/14 19:21, Tai-Lin Chu wrote:
> Summarize all types that people need (feel free to add some, and paste
> in your reply)
> - regular
> - segment
Segment: As I think more of it, this seems just like versioned content
with a known end (length), with continuous numbering from 0...length-1.
Whereas "usual" versioned content has an open end, but a latest version
(somewhere). (Of course, the difference is that versioned content is
similar or related content in a sequence, whereas segments are parts of
the whole data.)
> - version (timestamp)
> - signature
> - key: assuming that the next regular component will be value. The
> value is empty if it sees another key component immediately after.
Empty value: I would not allow this special case. You will soon find
someone who tries to have an empty component, but for that needs to have
some other (dummy) key just after that. Better to either allow empty
components in general, or don't allow them here eiter.