[Ndn-interest] any comments on naming convention?

Tai-Lin Chu tailinchu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:41:39 PDT 2014

I think for naming convention, the community should come up with a
solution that people "want" to use. The ndn platform library also
follows naming convention, I don't want people to ditch them for
disliking the convention. This will be a serious discussion for next
version of TR.

Could you describe the ambiguous case? I think I know what you mean by
ambiguous, but I just want to make sure. (I remembered someone from
cisco mentioned this in ndncomm 2014.)

To avoid ambiguity, I will start from name component tlvs and allocate
more types for different meanings.

8 = regular name component
<type> = segmented name component

Thanks.