[Ndn-interest] any comments on naming convention? [version marker comment]

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 3 19:29:43 PDT 2014

Tarek,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  I am curious whether the network would need
to know the priority in the applications that you're thinking of, or
whether it would be sufficient for the application (or some part of the
stack).  If I remember the information maximization proposal correctly, it
would use data objects named (in either a hierarchical or flat structure)
in a way that reflects what they refer to... for example, their geography
coverage or a feature vector of some sort. 	Wouldn't it be sufficient for
the requesting application to issue interests according to an information
maximizing approach rather than relying on anything within the network to
handle this?

Jeff