[Ndn-interest] Masking Name Components in SignatureInfo vs. Linked Data

Michael Weiss wm at ars.is
Sat Nov 22 13:01:56 PST 2014

Bonsoir,

I’ve been thinking about namespace design and I’d like to decouple application namespaces from globally routable prefixes. One way to do it is encapsulation as outlined in the Linked Data Memo but that seems like a heavyweight solution for what appears to be a very common use case in my crystal ball.

What if instead we added a a field to the SignatureInfo that says over how many Name Components counting from the end are included in the computation of the signature. This would allow to cache on the signed components and stick the requested prefix in front without invalidating the signature. The signature mask would also have to be included in interests to ease lookups in the content store.

Opinions?

Greetings,
Michi