[Ndn-interest] NLSR dissemination of FIB updates

Salvatore Signorello unict.signorello at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:27:34 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-05 at 13:31 +0000, Lan Wang (lanwang) wrote:
> Salvatore,
>
> nfdc changes routes in the local RIB and FIB only (you can think of these routes as static routes in the IP forwarding table).  It is not designed for advertising routes to other routers.  For that, you need to use a routing protocol (e.g., NLSR).

Sorry, I forgot to say that, because I thought it was implicit, the nlsr
daemon was running during the tests.
Thank you for the clarification, but I was thinking to something like as
the Quagga's redistribute family of commands to trigger the
dissemination of routes (my concern is not limited to the ones I can
insert through nfdc, I've picked this one as example) that have not been
listed into the configuration file of the daemon at the boot.
http://www.nongnu.org/quagga/docs/quagga.html#Redistribute-routes-to-OSPF
As alternative to shutting down and rebooting the daemon each time.

I think that the "-p" option has been left there as an hook for
providing this kind of functionality. Anyway I don't see it listed
between the features into the redmine site of the project, so sadly it
will not appear soon.

Thank you