[Mini-NDN] [nfd.RibManager] Checking for invalid face registrations

JIACHENG HOU houdemi at outlook.com
Sat Jun 26 21:24:19 PDT 2021

Hi mini-ndn team,

I ran the mini-ndn experimentation with ndn_routing_helper. When I checked the nfd.log file, I found that NFD stopped logging after the line "[nfd.RibManager] Checking for invalid face registrations". The strange thing is that even though the logging of NFD is terminated, the node can still send interest packets and receive data packets.

I am thinking that if there are invalid face registrations, then the node should not be able to send interest packets or receive data packets. However, if there are no invalid face registrations, the NFD log should not be terminated. I am confused about this.

Could you please give me some suggestions on how to solve it?

Best wishes,
Jiacheng