[Mini-NDN] Topology angles and radius & Interest-Data Packets' metrics

Αστεριος Παρλιτσης asteparl at ee.duth.gr
Fri Jun 11 07:28:22 PDT 2021

  Hello again and thanks a lot for the fast answer,

 1) After running the given topology configuration with the mnndn.py
and any other experiment I get the error below:

2) The local cache was not the issue and I eventually solved the
problem by following the way metrics are being gathered in ndnping at
the ndn-tools libraries but thanks again anyway.

Sergio

> -------------------------
>   FROM: Mini-NDN <mini-ndn-bounces at lists.cs.ucla.edu> on behalf of
> Lan Wang (lanwang) <lanwang at memphis.edu>
> SENT: Thursday, June 10, 2021 9:38 AM
> TO: Junxiao Shi via Mini-NDN <mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu>
> SUBJECT: [Mini-NDN] Topology angles and radius & Interest-Data
> Packets' metrics
>
>   FROM: Αστεριος Παρλιτσης <asteparl at ee.duth.gr>
>    SUBJECT: TOPOLOGY ANGLES AND RADIUS & INTEREST-DATA PACKETS' METRICS
>    DATE: June 10, 2021 at 6:39:43 AM CDT
>    TO: mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu
>

>     Hello, I am new to Mini-NDN and I have two issues with my experiments:
>
> 1) I want to run some instances of simple topologies with 20+ nodes
> but don't really get the hyperbolic coordinates' function and how to
> produce them for my own topologies. Is it possible or usefull in my
> case to disable the radius and angle parameters since I don't use
> hyperbolic routing strategies?
>

>     - You really don't have to use hyperbolic topology unless you
> are doing experiments with hyperbolic routing. And yes, you can
> remove radius and angles from the current example topologies[1].
> Your topology can have the following structure without hyperbolic
> coordinates.
>
>                [nodes]a:b:[links]a:b delay=10ms
>

>     2) I have assigned to some nodes the roles of consumers and
> producers by running the examples provided by the ndn-cxx libraries
> on each one of them. What I need is a way to measure the delay of
> the Data Packet from the moment a node requests a packet by sending
> an Interest. I have already tried placing timers in the consumer.cpp
> but somehow the output is smaller than the link's delay so I got
> that wrong.
>

>     - If packet retrieval time is smaller than the link delay, it is
> highly likely that the packet might have been serverd from the local
> nfd's cache. Please enable the nfd-logs, look at the consumer's log
> specifically, and see if local nfd is sending back the cached data
> or not.
>

>     To set debug nfd log from the experiment: "AppManager(self.ndn,
> self.ndn.net.hosts, Nfd, logLevel='DEBUG')"
>

> Thanks a lot,
> Sergio

Σύνδεσμοι:
[1] https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/tree/master/topologies