[Mini-NDN] Logging module for PIT and FIB

Aman Maldar amanmaldar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:55:20 PST 2017

I read pretty interesting discussion on NFD mail archive regarding
measuring/improving performance for PIT and FIB.

I am trying to test performance of PIT, FIB in terms of time response for
variety of interests and large number of entries in PIT and FIB.
I decided to print hit/miss scenario log for both. I just want to double
check if NFD already have logging module available for this?

Are below 2 files that I can add my logs to, to see them in execution?
Correct me.These 2 files doesn't have any logging module added.

https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/master/daemon/table/pit-entry.cpp

https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/master/daemon/table/fib-entry.cpp

Which nfd modules should be used to during tracing?

Available logging modules:
AccessStrategy, AsfMeasurements, AsfStrategy, AutoPrefixPropagator,
BestRouteStrategy2, ClientControlStrategy, CommandAuthenticator,
ContentStore, CsPolicy, DeadNonceList, EthernetFactory,
EthernetTransport,FaceManager , FaceSystem .FaceTable ,FibManager
,FibUpdater Forwarder, GeneralConfigSection, GenericLinkService,
InternalClientTransport, InternalForwarderTransport, LinkService
LoggerFactory LpFragmenter LpReassembler MulticastEthernetTransport
MulticastStrategy MulticastUdpTransport NFD NameTree NameTreeHashtable
NameTreeIterator  NetworkInterfaceInfo Nfd
NfdRibReadvertiseDestination PrivilegeHelper ProcessNackTraits  Readvertise
ReadvertiseDestination Rib RibEntry RibManager  Strategy  StrategyChoice
StrategyChoiceManager TcpChannel
TcpFactory TcpTransport Transport UdpChannel UdpFactory
UnicastEthernetTransport UnicastUdpTransport UnixStreamChannel
UnixStreamFactory UnixStreamTransport

Thanks in advance.

--
*Regards,*