[Mini-NDN] (no subject)

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Tue May 30 08:11:04 PDT 2017

1) Currently switch has no role in creating network topology.

2)

On the Mini-NDN command line:

mini-ndn> a producer > producer.log &

So the producer log for node a can be accessed in /tmp/a/producer.log

mini-ndn> b consumer > consumer.log &

This can also be done in code, such as:

self.net['a'].cmd("producer > producer.log &")

self.net['b'].cmd("consumer > producer.log &")

[Before running them you need to register route or propagate the prefix using nlsrc advertise].

3) The producer/consumer is not run by default on any node. Each node runs NFD and NLSR. You will have to run them manually.

For answers of other questions:

1) "If I build a network on Mini-NDN edit, where can I see the packet transmission process, end-to-end delay, and the number of lost packets."

Ans: There is nothing to visualize these things. Only way is to look at NFD or ndndump logs.

2) "When I create a network on Mini-NDN edit, opening the NLSR log will cause an error, but running the experiment in the experiment list list is correct. How can this problem be solved?

ERROR:“Can not find host” Or the NLSR log is blank."
Ans: Can you please give some more details? For examples the exact steps you did - so I can try to reproduce the error.

Running ndndump logs:
You can collect ndndump by putting;

for host in net.hosts:
       for intf in host.intfNames():
              ndnDumpOutputFile = "dump.%s" % intf
              host.cmd("sudo ndndump -i %s > %s &" % (intf, ndnDumpOutputFile))

here:
https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/master/bin/minindn#L391
then installing Mini-NDN again.
Then you can find the dump logs in: