[Mini-NDN] convergence time

sepehr abdous sepehrabdous1375 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 16:14:06 PST 2016

Hello all,
I'm trying to implement the following topology with the information bellow:
[image: Inline image 1]
[image: Inline image 2]
and the expected result is:
[image: Inline image 3]
but when I used the experiment which will be added bellow I got the
following result:
[image: Inline image 4]
and I have 2 questions:
(1) why the convergence takes 20 pings while it's expected to take 60 pings
while I set ctime=60?
(2)why does the last 20 pings still about 60 ms while they're expected to
be about 40 ms like the first 60 pings?

the experiment that caused the figure above is:

class test(CustomExperiment):

    def __init__(self, args):
        self.pctTraffic = float(args["pctTraffic"])
        print "Using %f traffic" % self.pctTraffic
        self.nFaces = int(input())
        print "number of faces is %f" %self.nFaces
        if self.nFaces==0:
            args["nPings"] = 1000
        if self.nFaces==1:
            args["nPings"] = 700
        self.strategy = args["strategy"]
        print self.strategy
        CustomExperiment.__init__(self, args)

    def run(self):
        self.startPctPings("node2","node6")

        time.sleep(60)

        for host in self.net.hosts:
            if host.name == "node4":
                self.failNode(host)
                break

        if self.nFaces==1:
            print "Waiting " + str(self.convergenceTime) + " seconds for
convergence..."
            time.sleep(self.convergenceTime)
            print "...done"

            # To check whether all the nodes of NLSR have converged
            didNlsrConverge = True

            # Checking for convergence
            for host in self.net.hosts:
                if host.name=="node2":
                    statusRouter = host.cmd("nfd-status -b | grep
/ndn/edu/%C1.Router/cs/")
                    statusPrefix = host.cmd("nfd-status -b | grep
/ndn/edu/")
                    didNodeConverge = True
                    for node in self.nodes.split(","):
                        # print node
                        if node!="node4":
                            if ("/ndn/edu/%C1.Router/cs/" + node) not in
statusRouter:
                                print "fuck"
                                didNodeConverge = False
                                didNlsrConverge = False
                            if str(host) != node and ("/ndn/edu/" + node)
not in statusPrefix:
                                print"fuck2"
                                didNodeConverge = False
                                didNlsrConverge = False

                    host.cmd("echo " + str(didNodeConverge) + " >
convergence-result &")

            if didNlsrConverge:
                print("NLSR has successfully converged.")
            else:
                print("NLSR has not converged. Exiting...")
                self.net.stop()
                self.sys.exit(1)
            time.sleep(60)

            # time.sleep(120)