[Mini-NDN] NLSR

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Thu Jun 23 09:41:32 PDT 2016

It should show the FIB. Can you make sure that NFD is running?

In a new terminal do:

ps aux | grep "sudo nfd"

If NFD is running then try to run NFD without Mini-NDN and see if nfd-status works.

If NFD status is not working you might be affected by this bug in NFD:

http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/3650 (the site seems down right now, but should be up soon).

So update your NFD by doing a git pull (since there's been a recent fix) and then compile and install it again (./waf, sudo ./waf install).

Try to run Mini-NDN and do nfd-status again.

Yes you need ndn-tools installed if you want to run the verification (https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/master/INSTALL.md).

Security patch can be found at:

http://gerrit.named-data.net/#/c/2873/

You can install it by clicking on downloads and then selecting any one of the git commands you favor.

And then install it using sudo ./install.sh -i

Then do sudo minndn --help to see the security option and run using that.

You can see how to setup up any topology in Mini-NDN here:

https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/master/docs/CONFIG.md

Mini-NDN uses the version of NFD and NLSR installed in the system.

So you can change the code in NLSR itself, compile and install it and then run Mini-NDN.

NLSR uses nsync for LSDB synchronization - which is basically chronosync.

So you should start by reading on Chronosync (http://named-data.net/publications/chronosync/)

https://github.com/named-data/ChronoSync

https://github.com/named-data/NLSR/tree/master/nsync

Ashlesh