[Mini-NDN] Issue with Minindn code

Navdeep Uniyal navdeep.uniyal at neclab.eu
Wed Sep 16 02:36:47 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I found a bug in the minindn code while creating the topology for my experimentation. The issue is while setting up the link bandwidth in float value (for example I want to set 200kbps). The parsing of topology is getting error out and the topology is not getting set.

On analyzing the issue, I found a small bug in the "conf_parser.py" file, line 118 of the code :

if key in ['bw','jitter','max_queue_size']:
                value = int(value)

instead of' 'int' it should be float as per my analysis. As on changing the type I found it working fine for me and the link bandwidth is getting set properly.

if key in ['bw','jitter','max_queue_size']:
                value = float(value)

I haven't tested the values for jitter, max_queue_size, It might cause issue with those, in that case separating the case for 'bw' could be considered.

Please fix the changes, if you find it a valid bug.

Best Regards,
Navdeep Uniyal